Midwest Wildflower Seeds
Planting wildflowers in the Midwest? These are the best varieties for you!
Go for one of our specially-formulated Midwest Wildflower Seed Mixes or choose from our wide selection of individual species. All are appropriate for planting in the Midwest, including: IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI and the Province of Ontario. We’re proud to only sell 100% Pure, Non-GMO, neonicotinoid-free seeds.
Free Mini Meadows book with seed orders over $75! Use code: MINIMEADOW
This is the famous wild lupine that carpets whole hillsides along the Pacific coast; grows well in any region. Annual....Learn MoreArroyo Lupine Seeds Arroyo Lupine Lupinus succulentusAs low as $22.95Per 1/4 PoundThis is the famous wild lupine that carpets whole hillsides along the Pacific coast; grows well in any region. Annual.
Dwarf Lupine Mix „Pixie Delight„ is a great quick-bloom mixture of annual lupines. Only 12 to 18„ tall....Learn MoreDwarf Lupine Seeds Pixie Delight Mix Dwarf Lupine Pixie Delight Lupinus hartwegii nanus Pixie DelightAs low as $11.95Per 1/4 PoundDwarf Lupine Mix "Pixie Delight" is a great quick-bloom mixture of annual lupines. Only 12 to 18" tall.
A west coast native that‚s happy anywhere. With all the blue wild lupines, this is the yellow stand-out. Annual....Learn MoreGolden Lupine Seeds Golden Lupine Lupinus Densiflorus AureusAs low as $12.95Per 1/4 PoundA west coast native that's happy anywhere. With all the blue wild lupines, this is the yellow stand-out. Annual.
Crimson Clovers strawberry-red blooms add fun color to any meadow. Growing to be 24-36 tall, this annual, non-aggressive clover will provide glowing red flowers throughout your garde...Learn MoreCrimson Clover Seeds Crimson Clover Trifolium incarnatumAs low as $5.95Per 1/4 PoundCrimson Clovers strawberry-red blooms add fun color to any meadow. Growing to be 24-36 tall, this annual, non-aggressive clover will provide glowing red flowers throughout your garden or meadow. Not to be confused with the tough perennial clovers that can take over a meadow, Crimson Clover can help enhance your soil and attract pollinators to the garden or meadow. Gorgeous on its own, as a cover crop or paired with other wildflowers. Annual.
The Wildflowers of the Midwest
America's heartland is a combination of the ecosystems of the Great Plains and parts of the grand deciduous forests that extend into the northeast and mid-Atlantic states. Long known as the "breadbasket" of the world, the American midwest is the greatest agricultural region on the planet, and its rich soils and growing conditions make it a wonderful place to garden with wild flowers.
Optimum planting times for the region are mid-March to mid-May in spring, although you can plant as late as mid-June. Fall planting in October and November is also successful in all but the coldest regions.
Our Proven Wildflower Seeds Mixture for the Midwest is one of our richest mixes of native and naturalized flower seeds, featuring the world-famous wildflowers from the plains regions, such as Purple Coneflower, Blue Flax and Black-eyed Susan. Our All-Native Mix for the Midwest is a premium blend of even more wildflower species native to the region.
Over the last 25 years, we have helped literally millions of wildflower gardeners in the Midwest establish wildflower meadows they will enjoy for years.
Watch Our Video All About Midwest Wildflower Seed Mix:
We're sorry, but the following items are currently unavailable
The following items are either out of season or we've sold out of our inventory. Please feel free to browse our selection and sign up for our newsletter to be notified when these products are available for next season! We often have similar items available, so please utilize our search or filters (on the left) to explore other options. Or, call us at (877) 309-7333 for help.
- Welcome to Wildflowers Collection
- Shooting Star Seeds
- Indian Paintbrush Seeds
- White Turtlehead Seeds
- Bush's Poppy Mallow Seeds
- Blue Indigo Seeds
- Prairie Aster Seeds
- Eastern Red Columbine Seeds
- Pearly Everlasting Seeds
- Bradbury's Bee Balm Seeds
- Penstemon grandiflorus Seeds
- Geum triflorum Seeds
- Big Leaf Mountain Mint Seeds
- Purple Coneflower Seeds Tennessee
- Showy Goldenrod Seeds
- Whorled Milkweed Seeds
- Chocolate Flower Seeds
- Blue Eyed Grass Seeds
- Wild Petunia Seeds
- Bee Balm or Wild Bergamot Seeds
- Turk's Cap Lily Seeds
- Cardinal Flower Seeds
- Blue Flag Iris Seeds
- Touch Me Not Seeds
- Wild Geranium Seeds
- Queen Of The Prairie Seeds
- Joe Pye Weed Seeds
- White Coneflower Seeds
- Painted Lady Nectar Seed Collection
- Milkweed Seed Collection
- Monarch Nectar Seed Collection
- Monarch Butterfly Perennial Wildflower Seed Collection
- Feed the Bees Seed Collection
- Giant Swallowtail Nectar Seed Collection
- Baby Blue Eyes Seeds
- Bells Of Ireland Seeds
- Blue Sage Seeds
- China Aster Seeds Single Mix
- Clasping Coneflower Seeds
- Creeping Daisy Seeds
- Dwarf California Poppy Seeds Sunbeam
- Dwarf Nasturtium Seeds Jewel Mix
- Farewell to Spring Seeds
- Four O'Clock Seeds Yellow
- Fringed Pink Seeds
- Marigold Seeds Naughty Marietta
- Mexican Sunflower Seeds
- Missouri Primrose Seeds
- Morning Glory Seeds Scarlet O'Hara
- Nasturtium Seeds
- Organic Calendula Seeds
- Organic Cornflower or Bachelor Button Seeds
- Organic Dwarf Nasturtium Seeds Jewel Mix
- Dwarf Sunflower Seeds Yellow Spray
- Sunflower Seeds Russian Mammoth
- Oriental Poppy Seeds
- Pincushion Flower Seeds Imperial Mix
- Purple Prairie Clover Seeds
- Queen Anne's Lace Seeds
- Red Cornflower or Bachelor Button Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds Autumn Beauty
- Tall Evening Primrose Seeds
- White Cornflower or Bachelor Button Seeds
- Spring Into Summer Seasonal Wildflower Seed Mix
- Tulip Topper Wildflower Seed Mix
- Fruity Beauty Zinnia Seed Mix
- South Of The Border Zinnia Seed Mix
- Under The Sea Zinnia Seed Mix
- Dwarf Coreopsis Seeds Red Plains